Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dinner Party

Dinner Party!
Amy and I bought a "Dinner for Six" at a Saatchi fundraiser. (Charlie and Kevin were informed but involved in the bidding process...) Case Dighero and Steven Brooks came to our house and prepared a delicious five course dinner. I've included the menu after the photos. As usual, the photos tell the story better than I do.

This is an "art photo" that says absolutely nothing. I'll keep trying...

Veal.

Halibut - very yummy. The risotto was SO GOOD.

Rebecca and David Lucke
Married 16 years and still in love!
Becca and I were pregnant with Landon and Baker at the same time. They are BFFs.
Us. Kevin looks a little irritated and I don't know why. I think my hair looks very shiny in this picture. Maybe he's jealous. Or maybe he's tired of me talking about my hair.

Amy and Charlie Anderson
I can't remember how long they've been married but they are crazy about each other.
Kevin went to college with both of them and Amy has lots of stories to prove it. They have three gorgeous girls. Little Anna has a bday tomorrow. Happy Birthday Anna!
Case Dighero and Steven Brooks -- they're opening "Soul" on Oct. 2. We wish them the best - and of course, we'll be checking out Soul as soon as I return from New York (assuming we have money left after that...)
They did a great job with our party!! Everyone should hire them. Or just go to Soul and eat the grits.
Menu
Bruschetta with Stilton Blue Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, and Clover Honey Drizzle
Pomegranate Spritzer with Fresh Mint
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cheese Grits
Kings Estate, Pinot Gris, 2002
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Shaved Asiago
Liedensburg, Sauvignon Blanc, 2005
Field Greens with Spicy Herbed Butter Crouton
BR Cohn, Chardonnay, 2005
Pan Roasted Veal Chop with Smoked Potatoes and AsparagusCristom, Pinot Noir, 2005
or
Grilled Halibut Filet with Mushroom Risotto and AsparagusWhite Oak, Chardonnay, 2006
Sweet Potato Pie ala ModeKennedy Coffee with Cordial of Grand Marnier & Creme Anglaise

Posted by Picasa

No comments: