Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas in November

With my online shopping well underway and gifts beginning to arrive via UPS and USPS, it's beginning to feel a little like Christmas around here. Or pre-Christmas, anyway. And this just might be the best part for me...PLANNING. Dreaming. List-making.

I am promising myself NOT to buy ornaments or decorations this year. I am making do with what we have and vowing not to buy MORE STUFF to fill the basement.

(Top photo) This is a Martha tree. I like it but I think the tubs of gifts are the best part. I'm thinking galvanized tubs would be cute... I'm also thinking our tree might be nice in the living room instead of the foyer this year. (Look at me -- thinking outside of the box!!)

(Bottom photo) We're going to be in Chicago for about a week in December. Dec. 16 - 22 to be exact. We'll need a little Christmas cheer in the apartment...how cute is the minimalist tree?!

Baker cannot wait for the Elf on the Shelf to make an appearance. We're hoping "Coffee" is up to his old tricks again this year. And we hope he has warm boots and a plane ticket to join us in Chicago. Time will tell...


Posted by Picasa

No comments: