Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On the Way Home From the Park...

Kevin left for the airport at 4 a.m. today. I'm alone in Chicago with Baker for the next three days. My strategy: KEEP B BUSY. So I gave myself a big pep talk this morning (I can do this...I can do this...) and packed a lunch and mapped a route to a neat park I heard about -- Adams Playground, located in Lincoln Park. The park has a great sand area, swings, climbing equipment and a fun water structure. Below is a picture of the water area (nevermind my finger in the upper left corner). Baker is standing under the waterfall on the left. We had fun...but that's not the point of this post. We usually have fun. And I usually take pics to remember it or prove it - depending on the day... On our way back to catch the train Baker kept stopping and saying, "Take my picture here. And here." "And one more over here." "Are you sending this to Daddy? How about Noah?" So I followed his art direction and took photos and humored him and had a great time following his lead. Our journey home follows...


Below: Baker liked this beautiful brownstone so he climbed the steps and almost rang the doorbell. The owner was arriving home as we were leaving and she stopped to let B pet her cute standard poodles. Baker misses our dogs terribly. He likes to say that the dogs are going to "go crazy" when we get back to Tulsa.

Below: Baker LOVED a pair of crazy chairs outside an antique store called, Billionare Castoffs. As he took a seat I asked him who he thought would use a chair like this. His answer: "God."

Below: Also at the same store -- spray painted tree stumps. I sort of love these...

Below: B on the steps of the Argo tea company.


Below: One last stop before the train station. I love the look of this weathered door.


Below: At the train station.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Lincoln Park

No comments: