Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday in NY

Baker and I braved the weather and went to Toys-R-Us at Times Square today. The store is pretty impressive - a perfect place to go when it 17 degrees outside. Baker and I rode the ferris wheel (sitting in a miniature school bus) and he was pretty impressed with the gigantic Jurrasic Park dinosaur. We spent most of our time in the Hot Wheels department and the Thomas the Train play area. Two hours later, I decided that I needed to have one last look at Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line so we walked 10 blocks to Steve and Barry's. Baker slept the whole way...and then some. After finding a very cute coat (thank you SJP) I stumbled onto a subway stop and took the train back to our neighborhood. I'm really getting the hang of things...just in time to go back to Tulsa on Friday.

When we left the subway we were greeted with SNOW! Very pretty.

There are the weirdest flyers hanging all over the city for roomates, yoga classes, palm readings, etc. I had no idea that juggling was so mainstream? And competitive? Another month in the city and I would probably look for a class for toddlers...surely this is a sign that it is time to go.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: