Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Recap - Monday in NY

Eleven degrees in NY. Miserable. Luckily the Litte Einsteins are working their magic and keeping Baker occupied.

Kevin and I had a date night this weekend. We had the best time, although I still have blisters on my feet because I wore cute shoes and as usual, we walked a lot. We started at Peasant. I love this place - they don't have a sign and they are located in a cellar. (A NY version of Hugo's...what's not to love...) We stopped at Public next. Great bar area - good people watching. It looked like a popular place to be so of course, we loved that. Then we worked our way home stopping by Raul's and finally, Camaje. Raul's is cute and local. Not sure I would go back, but I'm glad we went. We sat next to two gorgeous sisters who were in town for fashion week. They loved my wedding ring (thank you Becca.) By the time we got to Camaje my feet were dying and it had started to rain. Thankfully, the place is right around the corner from our apartment.

We took Baker to the American Museum of Natural History on Saturday. As you might have guessed, he LOVED the dinosaurs. I'll post photos later today - I've tried but I can't get the slide show to work. I'm going to move on before I stomp on my computer.

It think my angst is contagious. Now Baker is getting restless... I need to stop blogging and read "Thomas" before my two year old starts acting like a two year old.

No comments: